Thoughts and feelings.
What if you're falling in too deep,
and I'm only at the surface?
Then you'll never find me,
and how can I pull you up from there?
I don't want to let you down,
I don't want to hurt you,
but I can't stop you from falling.
What if you expect so much more,
and I'm really not that near.
You say you don't mind,
but I do.
It will never work out because the problem lies with me.
Even though this may be the chance that everyone's saying,
in my heart it's a different feeling.
What if it didn't work out in the end,
we'll just be strangers more than friends.
and I'm only at the surface?
Then you'll never find me,
and how can I pull you up from there?
I don't want to let you down,
I don't want to hurt you,
but I can't stop you from falling.
What if you expect so much more,
and I'm really not that near.
You say you don't mind,
but I do.
It will never work out because the problem lies with me.
Even though this may be the chance that everyone's saying,
in my heart it's a different feeling.
What if it didn't work out in the end,
we'll just be strangers more than friends.
Comments